Friday, May 15, 2009

old notebook

8/12/06

"I had a dream that a young woman was to be reunited with her son. She knew who he was, but he didn't know her. She was afraid to tell him. It wasn't the right time, so she watched him, drank him in. Tried to live a life already past. It made her happy to know that he was good, and a little secretive/excited because he was oblivious to her presence. It never occured to her that he might deny her. She only had this complacency, this contentedness. Those few moments will never come again."


I remember that she was watching him in a park, talking with his friends. I still wonder if I was the woman in the dream, or I was watching the watcher.

I've also been unstuck, physically, lately. It's gotten advanced enough that I can tell when my mind is going to skip to a place - I can anticipate it now, and I can figure out where I'm going before I get there. It's not always someplace I've been to before.

No comments:

 
span.fullpost {display:inline;}